Western Australia offers nomination to skilled workers for the permanent Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) and the temporary Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
1. Submit an eligible expression of interest (EOI) in the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) SkillSelect database.
EOI to be eligible, you must meet all the following criteria.
5 points for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) and
10 points for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
1. Have evidence of a skills assessment suitable for permanent migration in your nominated occupation.
2. Have an available nominated occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 1 or 2 (WASMOL).
3. Applicant must demonstrate at least the minimum English language requirements applicable to the occupation through an approved English test.
4. Be less than 50 years of age.
5. Have at least one year's work experience within Australia or three years' work experience overseas within the last 10 years in your nominated or closely related occupation.
6. Have selected ‘Western Australia’ or ‘any State or territory’ as your preferred state.